Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Paso Robles during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Paso Robles Heating and Air will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Paso Robles Heating and Air at 805-203-8667 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.