Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Paso Robles, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a huge impact on your utility costs, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Assess the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that have to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your home warm. Keep them open while the sun is still shining throughout the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it should be replaced. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can set temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Call for routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system will benefit from having a professional look at it, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Paso Robles Heating and Air can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Paso Robles Heating and Air in Paso Robles a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 805-203-8667 or schedule an appointment with us online.