When it’s chilly in Paso Robles you count on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming soon. Yearly maintenance service from experts can keep your system working efficiently and find potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps reverse the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling how it regularly does. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be swapped out. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unhampered? If they are and the problem endures, contact a pro to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The experts at Paso Robles Heating and Air will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.