According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the length of time you’ve had your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep in mind.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have weaker airflow than others?
2. Can you hear noise other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have pests or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns coated with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to reach out to Paso Robles Heating and Air in Paso Robles about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule consistent HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Paso Robles Heating and Air. A regular evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system operating at peak performance. Examining your system on a regular basis and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts open.
Additional ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and switch them out when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Paso Robles home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Paso Robles Heating and Air at 805-203-8667 or arrange an appointment online.