Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Paso Robles season, have the professionals at Paso Robles Heating and Air conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Paso Robles Heating and Air today at 805-203-8667.