Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Paso Robles is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Paso Robles Heating and Air constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Paso Robles Heating and Air in Paso Robles at 805-203-8667 today.